Every aspect of our daily life at the CCTV Company is impacted by our values, culture and ethics as a business with high standards of behaviour and performance.
These foundations provide the basis for us as a responsible employer and supplier and ensure that we fulfil responsibilities and trust that our Clients place in us to the best of our abilities.
At the CCTV Company we take our Corporate and Social responsibilities seriously and are mindful of the social, economic and environmental impact that our daily activities may have on everybody connected with our business, including our clients, employees, supply chain, communities and the broader environment.
The commitment, support and guidance provided by the Directors ensures that the development, and positive promotion of Corporate Social Responsibility is embraced by our management team, employees, sub-contractors and suppliers.
The CCTV Company are committed to ensuring that any business undertakings are conducted as ethically as possible by undertaking the following:
- Looking after our employees
- Training and Education
- Equal Opportunities
- Slavery and Human Trafficking
- Health and Safety
- Protecting the Environment
- Community Engagement
- Looking after customers
Looking after our employees
The CCTV Company wish and work to ensure that we retain loyal and productive staff, happy employees are the foundation in ensuring a good working environment.
The CCTV Company is an equal pay employer
The CCTV Company as an employer provide continuous opportunities to people based upon merit, in an environment that encourages promotion, success and longevity.
It is, and always has been The CCTV Company’s aim to treat all employees respectfully at all levels.
The CCTV Company promotes and maintains a culture of trust between employees and senior management and actively encourages an “open door” policy for communication between all employees, no matter what their role is within the business.
The CCTV Company strives to provide a wide range of benefits to all employees such as above average rates of pay, job security, social interaction, a sense of purpose, recognition, reward and a degree of autonomy and flexibility in carrying out their roles.
The CCTV Company encourages all employees to explore training interests which may be beyond current working roles to help future development of employees
We actively encourage and support our employees in studying for various qualifications, including Degrees, NVQ’s, Professional and Leadership qualifications and extensive Health and Safety and Plant training, as well as employing apprentices from school leavers to NVQ levels. We have a bespoke Security apprenticeship program established specifically to suit individuals who are keen to work specifically in the security industry.
The CCTV Company will continue to support students with practical experience in roles related to their academic studies such as engineering and Office Management.
Equal Opportunities (Human Rights Act 2010)
The CCTV Company believe that everyone should be treated fairly and on their own merit and ability. This policy is the ethos of our selection and recruitment procedure and also applies to promotion, training, discipline and dismissal.
We ensure that we are aware of and comply with legislation including the Equal Pay Act 1970, The Race Relations Act 1976 (together with the 2000 amendment), Disability Discrimination Act 1997 and the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 (together with the 1995 amendment).
We aim to encourage, value and manage diversity in all areas of our business and to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing equality for all and to this end we make real efforts to attain a workforce that is representative of the local community by ensuring that we use as wide a selection of advertising mediums as and by monitoring the ethnicity of job applicants.
We do not accept discrimination on the grounds of gender, sex, marital status or gender re-assignment. Nor will we tolerate discrimination on the grounds of race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, age or disability.
We will not tolerate victimisation, discrimination or harassment in any form, and we make it clear that if any instances are reported, they will be investigated and could lead to disciplinary action and/ or dismissal.
We work with our clients and suppliers to ensure that they understand our ethos and we make it clear that fair treatment for all is expected and should be maintained.
Slavery and Human Trafficking (Modern Slavery Act 2015)
The CCTV Company recognises that slavery and human trafficking remains a hidden blight on our global society and our aim is to identify our responsibility by alerting staff to the risks, however small, within our business and in the wider supply chain. Staff are expected and encouraged to report concerns to management, where they are expected to act upon them.
Company activities are varied through various areas and sectors and likewise, we have a varied supply chain to support us through the different aspects and provisions of our business. Despite this, we are committed to ensuring that there is no modern-day slavery or human trafficking in our supply chain, or in any part of our business.
Our Anti-Slavery Policy Statement reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our supply chains.
Health and Safety
The CCTV Company gives highest priority to achieving and maintaining exemplary standards of Health & Safety management and is accredited under the SSIP schemes of Avetta & Alcumus.
The CCTV Company Directors ensure that all employees, and suppliers are kept fully informed and subscribe fully to the procedures that are implemented by the company.
We take all appropriate action to comply with Health & Safety best practice and legislation, with a clearly defined Health & Safety Policy relating to our operations, supported by an appointed Health & Safety manager, along with our external advisors.
We are monitored across all sites by an external Health and Safety consultant who assesses our performance and provides detailed reports to Senior Management following each site inspection.
Holly Peacock our managing Director is IOSH managing safely certified and all engineers have completed the IOSH working safely course and complete regular Health and Safety training
Protecting the Environment
The CCTV Company is committed to a policy of effectively managing environmental performance in order to minimise the impact of our business processes on the natural environment and the community at large. This commitment extends to all workplaces, employees and others affected by our operations.
Examples of good practice implemented across our sites are as follows:
- We successfully recycle over 95% of our waste from our sites, significantly reducing the amount of disposal at landfill facilities.
- By utilising suppliers based locally to our sites, we ensure the reduction of our carbon footprint in terms of deliveries.
- We plan works to ensure that we reduce our carbon footprint by reducing the miles covered
- All work vehicles have trackers fitted to ensure employees are driving in an environmentally efficient way
- Our office computers are automatically programmed to power off to reduce energy
- We have installed motion sensor lighting
- We are moving to becoming a 100% paperless business
- We are members of the Green business
We will always:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant environmental legislation as a minimum and, where practical, approved codes of practice and other requirements such as those specified by our clients.
- Develop and implement objectives and targets to ensure a continual improvement in our environmental performance.
- Incorporate sustainable environmental considerations into installation practices having particular regard to energy and water consumption, use of low environmental impact materials, designing out waste and reusing materials, wherever possible.
- Play our part in minimising the amount of construction, demolition and excavation waste going to landfill. We will work to adopt and implement standards for good practice in reducing waste, recycling more, and increasing the use of recycled and recovered materials.
The Directors have the overall responsibility for environmental management. They will discharge this responsibility with the assistance of management, employees and suppliers. The Directors accept their responsibility for environmental management and will ensure that resources, facilities, finances, information, instruction, training and supervision are provided, as necessary, to maintain a positive environmental culture and performance.
The CCTV Company management is responsible for the implementation of this Policy statement and for ensuring environmental risks are assessed and appropriate management controls are implemented in accordance with the CCTV Company standards. Environmental responsibilities have been defined for all CCTV Company personnel and are contained within the Company Environmental Policy document.
All employees are expected to co-operate with The CCTV Company in the implementation of the Environmental Policy document and will ensure that their own work, so far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out with minimum risk to the environment.
This Policy statement will be prominently displayed at all workplaces and made available to the public and other interested parties upon request. The Environmental Policy document will also be available at all workplaces for reference by any employee or contractor, as required. The Environmental Policy document is continually being monitored and developed and will be formally reviewed annually. However, in exceptional circumstances this Policy may be amended as required by changes in legislation or work practices.
The CCTV is committed to making a difference in the communities in which we work and live. We aim to be sensitive to our local communities’ social and economic needs and enhance the benefits that our business activities bring. As well as demonstrating good corporate citizenship, it helps to develop and strengthen our links with the communities in which we are based, and also support one of our key business goals in making our company a great place to work.
To achieve these aims we focus on the following areas:
- Being a considerate neighbour – The CCTV Company aims to establish open communications and good working relationships with our neighbours. We adopt a thoughtful and proactive approach to minimising any disruption we have on local communities. The CCTV Company is associate member of the Safe contractor Scheme which is a national scheme to improve the image of the construction industry. We review our performance annually and take on board any recommendations in order to improve our procedures.
- Engaging with our communities – The CCTV Company Directors have set out to involve the company in community and charitable support. We aim to make a positive contribution to the community through the development of, and involvement in, a range of initiatives and programmes, working closely with our employees, supply chain and clients. The CCTV Company is also committed to working with and supporting our customers in achieving their aspirations for making a difference in the local, or wider international community such as supporting Work placements for Social Housing client residents.
- Support for volunteering – The CCTV Company actively encourage employees to take up to two working days, or 16 hours paid leave a year, to spend on volunteering for approved projects that fit with our community engagement programme. Responsibility for the direction and implementation of this policy and our Community Engagement Programme lies with the Directors, but suggestions for the implementation of new projects from employees, clients and our supply chain are actively encouraged.
- Fundraising and sponsorship for Charities – The CCTV Company have held charity fundraising events annually since 2002, raising in excess of £60,000 for charities such as The Storehouse project, Green slate Farm, Friends of Orrell Station, Friends of Amy and the Steve Prescott Foundation. The CCTV Company are a financial supporter of the Store House project which is a local charity providing food, furniture and clothing alongside emotional and practical support for people in crisis. The CCTV have sponsored grass roots sports teams and have provided funding for go-karting and rugby kits for numerous junior sport teams. The CCTV Company also actively provide Food parcels to local charities such as the Brick and the storehouse project.
Looking after Customers
The CCTV Company strongly recognise the importance of looking after their customers and strive to ensure that they have a positive and lasting impression of the business. The high standards are upheld and consistently delivered by our team which has contributed to the sustainability and growth of the company, delivering the highest quality at every stage of the development.
The CCTV Company understanding of the latest procedures, processes and best practice across the sectors which we supply in to and how these are implemented within specialist areas
As a social housing contractor we understand that we need to ensure all our employees are aware of Mental Health and Safeguarding issues which is why all employees from Office to field engineers have all completed additional training in this area to ensure were possible we can further support our end user clients .
Excellent client long term relations and the extensive training provided to our skilled and experienced workforce are instrumental in ensuring a positive and productive service is offered. The CCTV Company are well known for being innovative, proactive, responsive with a can-do attitude, therefore ensuring that an excellent client-contractor relationship is maintained.
The CCTV Company works hard to understand the client’s complex requirements when working on projects ensuring the end use of a system delivers multiple functions including those to assist in Health and Safety, production efficiency and Crime Prevention. This knowledge and understanding of our customers individuals’ needs has set the CCTV Company apart from our competitors. As we are an SME the understanding of having a strong client relationship have ensured that we have clients that have remained with ourselves since we stared the business back in 2002.
The value for money provided by the company has also been a talking point amongst clients. The CCTV Company being an SME can provide customers with competitive pricing whilst being an NSI Gold installer ensure the systems in place are to the highest of standards. Having Directors oversee projects ensures that there are no delays in responses and change requests and work can be adapted without the need of having to go through a large approval process keeping works scheduled and delivered on time.